Rosacea Skin Care Treatment
Rosacea is an inflammatory skin disorder that is more common in women than men. It mostly affects the central parts of the face, causing a facial redness, fluxing and extreme sensitivity across the nose, cheeks, forehead and chin.
Sometimes irritation and redness can exceed to the scalp, ears, eyes and the neck. Rosacea mostly affects people that blush easily and have fair skin.
Triggers of Rosacea
Rosacea is triggered by a number of factors with the most popular including:
• Foods such as dairy-based products, bananas, caffeine, alcohol and spicy foods;
• Harsh skin care; scrubs, stripping cleansers, perfume.
• Weather temperatures that are extreme or sudden temperature changes.
Several earlier studies have also indicated that Rosacea can occur when there is an imbalance in the gut flora. The imbalances can be treated using antibiotics or through a diet and adding pre and pro biotics.
Treatment To IMPROVE Rosacea
The following steps can help with Rosacea:
• Adjusting your diet to help improve gut health will make a real difference. Inflammation in the gut usually shows up on our skin.
• Find out what your triggers are and try to avoid them, the sun, alcohol, spicy foods, harsh products all make rosacea worse.
• There are many treatments and facials that can be effective in helping reduce the visible symptoms. IPL can be effective by helping to reduce visible capilliaries. Dermapen is also a really effective treatment to reduce visible redness. Prepping your skin with soothing, anti inflammatory products before and after is important. Your therapist will advise you on what is best. It can be frustrating but it can take time to see any results so it’s important to stick to a regime for a few months.
If you have rosacea, do call Indica Medi Spa 08 8352 5454 to help you with the skin care treatment we have.