Dealing with dry skin in winter
One of the most common effects of winter is dry skin. A true dry skin type lacks lipids or oils whereas dehydrated skin is a condition where your skin is lacking in water.
Sensitive Dry Facial Skin
Your skins barrier is made up of water and oil, if your skin is starting to feel irritated and sensitive it’s often an indication that the lipid barrier is compromised. You can help rebuild your barrier from the inside out by increasing your intake of good fats both from your diet and through Omega 3 supplements. Externally, adding a moisturiser with essential fatty acids is a great way to restore the skins barrier.
Tips for dealing with dry skin in Winter.
– use a creamy cleanser instead of a foam as it will clean the skin without stripping it of its natural oils.
– don’t ever exfoliate – once a week is plenty
– try switching to a richer moisturiser in Winter.
– adding a face oil to your routine is a great way to give your skin extra nourishment. If your skin is combination or breaks out easily, adding a water based hydrating serum is a great alternative.
– hot showers feel amazing when the temperature drops but they actually can lead to dehydration by evaporating moisture from the skin. The hot hard water can also cause broken veins on the face so try not to tilt your face up towards the shower head.
Adelaide’s Best Facials
Indica Medi Spa aims to help you achieve the best skin possible whilst providing real visible results. Your therapist will recommend a treatment designed to best suit your skin’s needs, using only the best cosmeceutical products. The brands we use in our facial treatments are all proudly cruelty free.
In case it becomes difficult to know your skin type, our spa therapists are there to help you. Therefore, feel free to book an appointment with us. Get to know how much interesting our services are and how easy it is to have your skin become healthier and more beautiful!
Let Indica Medi Spa highly trained therapists take your skin to the next level with our range of treatments. Whether you want to treat fine lines & wrinkles, loss of firmness, pigmentation, scarring, acne, redness, broken capillaries and more, we can help you.
We proudly use medical grade treatments in combination with results driven skincare. Why not give Indica Medi Spa a call and book your free consultation today on 08 8352 5454.