One Of The Most Detested Nuisances on the Face
One of the most detested nuisances appearing prominently on the face is blackheads. Blackheads appear as small dark lesions on the neck and face often in accompaniment of a mild acne but they can appear alone at times. When the oil in the pores comes in contact with air it oxidizes and turns dark, this giving them their appearance.
All about Blackheads
– An attempt to squeeze or scrub a blackhead can worsen it.
– Oxidized melanin makes blackheads, not dirt.
– Avoiding oil-based skin care products, tight-fitting clothes, alcohol-based skin products, and humid environment can significantly reduce the occurrence of blackheads.
– A spike in sebum production due to hormones can make you more prone
What are Blackheads?
When the pores on your skin are blocked by dead skin cells and the oily sebum, they produce protrusions known as Comedones
But when the pores are blocked, the trapped dead skin in it reacts with oxygen to form blackheads which are dark in colour. It is possible for you to be clean and still develop blackheads, so dirty skin has nothing to do with the development of blackheads.
Blackheads and Dehydration – We often associate black heads with oily skin but anyone can get black heads. When the skin is lacking water it often produces more oil to compensate and that oil can get trapped in between dry dead skin cells. Flushing the skin with water by using hyaluronic based moisturizers and serums can be very effective at preventing black heads.
– make sure you cleanse your skin properly in the evenings and if wearing makeup always double cleanse.
– exfoliate your skin weekly to prevent dead skin and oil from building up in the pores and to allow products to better penetrate. Dry skin – once a week, normal skin – 1-2 x a week, oily skin – 2 x a week.
– fruit acid or enzyme based exfoliants can be more effective as they dissolve the glue that holds dead skin and are able to penetrate into the pore.
– keep your skin hydrated by moisturising twice a day.
– drink plenty of water
– wash makeup brushes regularly
IN THE SALON
Regular exfoliating treatments like peels and microdermabrasion are a great way of preventing and treating black heads.
Adelaide’s Best Facials
Indica Medi Spa aims to assist you achieve the best skin possible whilst providing real visible results. Your therapist will recommend a treatment designed to best suit your skin’s needs, using only the best cosmeceutical products. The brands we use in our facial treatments are all proudly cruelty-free.
In case it becomes difficult to know your skin type, our spa therapists are there to help you. Therefore, feel free to schedule an appointment with us. Get to know how much interesting our services are and how easy it is to allow your skin become healthier and more beautiful!
Allow our thoroughly trained therapists take your skin to the next level with our range of treatments. Whether you want to treat fine lines & wrinkles, loss of firmness, pigmentation, scarring, acne, redness, broken capillaries and more, we can help you.
We proudly use medical grade treatments in combination with results-driven skincare. Why not give us a call and book your free consultation today on 08 8352 5454.